Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New job, new chapter...

Since I made it official today by turning in my resignation, I thought I'd announce on here that I have accepted a new job in Mumford as a Kindergarten teacher. It's not easy leaving a place where I was treated like family and where I loved my kids but I know that being closer to home will be beneficial for our future. Some of the other things I will miss about Dime Box: class sizes that averaged 10, knowing EVERYONE at school, feeling comfortable, accepted, and appreciated, several of my co-workers that I have become very close to, and the down-to-earth vibe of the school. It warms my heart every time I hear someone tell me they hate to see me go, especially during this time of year when you really need to hear that.

On another note, here is Mumford's website in case you wanted to know a little about what they have to offer: http://www.mumford.k12.tx.us/
They have a reputation of academic excellence and are very rigorous in the classroom. I always like a challenge so we'll see what the future beholds. I'm very excited about the change in grade levels and ready to try new things.

Also, please keep Matt in your prayers as he will be taking his PE Exam on April 24th. He has been up studying past midnight night after night. He really deserves to pass this doozy of a test and I pray that he does for his own sanity :) !

No comments: