Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Busy, busy, busy bee!

Whew! The new school year has begun and I can honestly say that I have never worked so hard or such long hours in my life!!! The past 3 days I have been at work from 7-5:45 plus brought work home. I will appreciate the weekend more than ever!

My class--I have 23 kindergarteners and they are kindergarteners to the tee! Seriously, they never stop talking and love, love, love to show how they love to NOT sit in their chairs. Each day is a little better but we have a LONG way to go. With no exaggeration I sit maybe 30 minutes throughout the entire day--my legs actually throb when I get home so I don't feel obligated to work out, haha! Ok, this sounds a lot like I'm venting so I'll move on.

The school--I love this place. It's like a private school that's public. It's a very close knit community that prides itself on hardwork and an academic excellence--our elementary just got awarded a Blue Ribbon award which is only awarded to about 400 schools nationwide! I also must say that I love my co-teacher. She's been so helpful and she's always on the same page as me.

With all of that said, there have been ups and downs but I feel that my choice to move districts was the right choice and I have absolutely no regrets. I'm just taking it day by day!

2 comments:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Congrats, glad it is going so well!

Kelly said...

Dawn...have you taught Kindergarten before? I just took a Kindergarten job in August. Our stories sound the same! :)