Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Break 2013


This year we decided to change things up a bit and do cold weather activities instead of tropical. We went with Matt's side of the family (minus Emmy & Cheez) to Angel Fire, New Mexico. The last time I had been skiing was in this exact same location when I was a sophomore in high school 15 years ago (gosh time flies). It's was a great location for us because we have young children and some adults (one in particular ; )) who were new to skiing. Angel Fire is family oriented and I'm guessing more laid back than most ski resorts-just a guess. Anyways, it was a great match for our first ski trip as a family.

Here are some pictures from my phone.  I'll upload the ones from camera soon I'm sure...


Kevvy getting comfy

These happy cousins were troopers!


Some of the slopes.  These were too easy for us ; ).


Pretty mountain range



Expert skier...


Jeff & Becky--I guess it was pretty cold that day.

We can't go anywhere without a swinging break.  Geez, this kid LOVES to swing.

I think it was like 70 degrees on the slopes the last day. 

Our tubing slope

Here I am about to do a black slope...
I kid.

3 comments:

Becky Cowen said...

i love the picture of the expert skier! actually, i'm shocked that you had a picture of him in a standing position - haha! this must have been day 2 ;)

Dawn and Matt said...

Well, he's smiling so definitely day 2! ;)

Mandy said...

Love all the pics! Looks like ya'll had the best time! Can't wait to see you guys at Easter