Wednesday, August 11, 2010

End of Summer As I Know It....

Being a teacher and having those wonderful summers off always has a downside--the grim reality that school always has to start again. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but doing what I want, when I want all day is an easy routine to get used to. Things I've accomplished over the summer: BOUGHT A HOUSE AND MOVED IN, spent time with family, caught up with my dear friend, Amy, made a few trips to Austin to catch up with my Austin peeps, had a few photos framed but far from done, lost 2 lbs. (I know, nothing to gawk over), earned 30 GT continuing education hours, remarkably managed to work in my classroom, and got all of my doctor appointments out of the way! Things I did NOT accomplish: going to see my other dear friends, Susan and Johanna, getting the rest of my photos framed and hung like I promised I would do last summer, be a better blogger, lose the other 8 lbs., and a few things better not mentioned. All and all it's been another great summer and I hope so badly that this school year goes by smoothly without a hitch...

Some random summer photos:

Ave and I at Sushi King:


The Whole Fam @ the Frio:



LBJ:



The Cowens:


My other nieces, Kelby and Kevyn:

No comments: