Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Reflecting On My 20's, Moving On With My 30's

It easy to get sentimental and emotional when a milestone birthday approaches and I, admittedly, have experienced these feelings lately.  Although, yesterday as I was reflecting on my 20's, I realized how many positive life changing events I have encountered and how many wonderful experiences I have had during these last 10 years.  I made a visual list of these things (since I'm such a visual person) to help me cope with the departure of my 20's.  It is as follows (in no specific order because I really didn't feel like thinking about the year they happened):
-Graduated from college
-Went to California to be a part of a dear college friend's wedding
-Moved to Houston
-Received a 4th grade teaching position
-Met the love of my life
-Witnessed my older sister's marriage in Hawaii
-Took a first grade teacher position in Dime Box
-Bear joined our family
-Met my first neice, Kelby
-Bought our first house
-Traveled to Puerto Vallarta where Matt and I got engaged
-Zip lined (which is crazy for me if you know how afraid of heights I am)
-Met my second neice, Avery
-Married the love of my life and gained a new family in my in-laws
-Traveled to Jamaica
-Climbed Dunn's Falls
-Met my third neice, Kevyn
-Accepted a position as a Kindergarten teacher in Mumford
-Visited my dear friend in New Orleans after she moved back from Japan, during another dear friend's bachelorette party
-Was able to be a part of my best friend's wedding
-Met my fourth neice, Olivia, on my birthday!!!!
-Sold our first house
-Bought another house which is now our home
-Became pregnant
-Lyla entered our lives

These things, while some of them not so major and several not even listed, remind me that my 20's were just a stepping stone on the path that is my future and a building block of many great things yet to come. 

No comments: