Monday, November 10, 2008

Waaaaay Overdue

Hillary and I were finally able to travel to Houston to say Avery, Mandy and Scott since we hadn't seen them since the wedding. Avery has changed so much in just one month. She's now crawling, we discovered that her FIRST tooth is coming in, and she has a totally new smile that uses every part of her face. I LOVE IT! OH, and she found her tongue. It is constantly out. Mandy and Scott we worried that all of her Christmas pictures (that they took yesterday) would be of her sticking out her tongue. That would be cute too! Anyways, we arrived in Houston around 10, picked up Mandy so we could do some shopping, and then had lunch with Scott and Avery. After that we vegged out for a while and played with the baby. Mandy and Scott then chose to take us to try a new restaurant called, Max's Wine Dive. It's a cute place that serves suped up comfort food (gourmet) and has a huge wine list. Cute concept! My only complaint was the wait and that was due to the limited seating. It's pretty small. Then Mandy's friends Mariam and (I can't remember her name :( ) joined us as we went to Hotel ZaZa. That's where I spilled my drink on a guy. No, not because I was the least bit tipsy but because I'm the hugest clutz ever! Oh well, it wasn't the whole drink but still enough to make me feel bad about. We left there relatively early because we were exhausted from eating and drinking wine in a dark place. In the end, it was an enjoyable trip and I can't wait to visit again!
















No comments: